Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring has Sprung!

We are working on a family project of putting in a garden! We use to have one on the side of the house, but when we got our trailer we put concrete there to park the trailer. So we debated the different techniques and decided that we wanted a fairly good size garden for the growing list of things that we want to plant. We rented a sod cutter from Home Depot to help us remove the grass.
(WELL worth the $60.45 that it cost!!) The kids helped and we removed all the grass from the area.
On another day we fixed the drainage problem by installing drains throughout the area.

We still need to till and add some growmix, and plant. (We discovered that there is a nursery not very far from us and their prices seem to be better. We can get a truck-load of loose growmix for about $22.00 versus $8.00 for a bag.) We are running late in planting. I wonder if we will get it done in time to grow anything?!! Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Kim L. said...

Yeah, garden buddy!!! We are supposed to be putting in drains next week...we have NO clue what to do. Any tips? I am soooooo excited. I planted like 24 different pots of seeds....and they are all sprouting away. I can't wait to transplant them in a few weeks. I have added a TON of pots of other stuff that surround my swimming pool, now.