Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Randomness

I am trying to catch up! This is still from April - aghhhh!

Norm and I returned home from Youth Conference on Saturday and celebrated Easter on Sunday. We celebrated with the Biehn's,




the Larsen's





and with our family.


We all got fans, shorts, our favorite cereal, and eggs filled with candy - everything was hidden around the house and had to be found. Thank you Easter Bunny!


Then on Monday after Youth Conference and Easter, I faced the HUGE laundry pile that was from our craziness (this doesn't count my kids clothes - they came home clean from grandma's house)! There was even more laundry than what is shown here, but it was CRAZY laundry!!



Something funny - Bradin is now potty trained and he 'gets' to flush the toilet after he uses it. We've gone to Disneyland a couple of times and he doesn't understand that Disneyland toilets flush by themselves. He has gotten so MAD at me thinking that I flushed the toilet after he finished! "NO MAMA - BRADY FLUSH!!!"



We've been busy! Ryan participated in the Pinewood Derby. He didn't win this year, but he had a great time! It wouldn't matter what Ryan was doing, he would always have a good time - he is such an easy going, mellow kid!



We also have been working (and playing) in our garden! Here Bradin is squirting Norm, who is staying just barely out of range.

Things in the garden are coming along really well! I have TONS of squash. Anybody want some? I purchased plants that had been mislabeled and ended up with way more than I thought I was getting.


Of course we have had "Brady incidents". Bradin hid his chocolate milk cup in the cooler in the garage for a couple of days - this was gross.

He also beat up, rode on, and jumped on his punching bag so that all the air is coming out - in this picture he has thrown it over the banister (again) from upstairs!

I don't have pictures of the empty tic-tac containers that he put in the oven which got turned on and melted to the bottom of the oven (once he put a stuffed animal in the oven - thank goodness the kids caught that one before the oven got turned on!),
nor do I have pictures of Shelly's shirt that he wrote on with marker and ruined.

And, when he STOLE a sucker from Disneyland I was so mortified that I didn't even think about taking pictures. This happened one night as we were getting ready to leave, we were heading down Main Street. We went into a couple of stores, just eyeballing the merchandise so the kids could think about what they wanted to spend their birthday gift cards on. We came out of a store and Bradin had a sucker in his hands. I got stuck with the fantastic job of returning the sucker. Our history is such that I can't stand theives, and here my kid is participating in a five-finger discount - Dang theives! :)

Some days I wonder how we manage this crazy kid - then he does something that is so cute that all thoughts of selling him to wandering gypsies are momentarily forgotten. Bradin keeps us on our toes and makes us laugh! He is turning into quite the comedian - he has been pulling these crazy, very animated faces that make us crack up!




I know, I know - I'm already anticipating the many hours that I will spend talking to the principal.


Bradin also has a sweet side (if you can believe it?!?). One day Tayler dropped a glass jar on his toe. Bradin ran upstairs to the toybox and got his doctor bag. He 'fixed' Tayler's toe, and doctored him up really well. :)








Woo-hoo! Now I'm caught up to May! Maybe there is hope! We have fun stuff happening right now and I HAVE to get caught up so that I can post it!