Monday, June 30, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy....

We have had soooo many fun, exciting, great, awesome things happening in our family -








Norm, along with his dad and two brothers - Jeremy and Scott, helped his brother Jeff move across country to Pennsylvania. While en route they stopped and visited lots of Church History sites, including: Carthage Jail, Nauvoo, Kirtland Temple, and the Sacred Grove. I am totally jealous as I have ALWAYS wanted to do that (not the moving part, or the driving for 16 hours a day - but the visiting Church History stuff part). Norm and I have been planning and saving to be able to do this with our children (we are waiting for Bradin to get a little bit older, but before Tayler goes on his mission). Just seeing some of the pictures makes me so excited to be able to go. Jeff and Carolee will be in Pennsylvania for four years! The count down is on! Click here to see Jeff and Carolee's blog.


While the boys were busy moving, the girls were managing ALL of the babies, chores, household responsibilities, etc. for the week they were away. This gave me a new respect for single moms or those whose spouses are in the military! Bradin was a HANDFUL! He is such a daddy's boy. He kept looking out the window calling..."Daddy, daddy....". Whenever he would get in trouble (which seemed to happen more frequently that week), he would bury his head in the couch and cry "Daddy, daddy, daddy". When the door to the garage would close, he would come running, totally excited thinking that it was Norm coming home. Nope, just mom! The look of disappointment very apparent. He missed his dad! We all did!

We were fortunate enough that Scott and Michelle's family (who came from Utah to help with the move) were able to spend some time with us and hang out! It was fun to see Kaleigh, Shayla and Peyton! That was a much needed visit! Click here to see Michelle and Scott's blog.

Jocelyn had her hands full with double trouble - her twins Natalie and Tessa just turned one. I couldn't imagine a week by myself, with two babies. (One Bradin is ALL I can handle. AGGGHH!) Click here to see Jocelyn and Jeremy's blog.

My sister Cassie is getting ready to be sealed to her husband and three kids. We are all very excited! She will be sealed on Saturday, July 5th in the Fresno, California temple. Click here to see Cassie and Robert's blog.


My sister Keiri left for six weeks to study abroad in Spain. She had gone to Spain during a previous school session, but stayed for much longer. She is excited to go back and reunite with some of the friends she made on her first stay. Who would have thought?!! We are excited that she was introduced to the art of blogging so that we could keep up with her and her many adventures. Click here to see her blog.

All of that, along with my candle party, the classes I am teaching ending for summer break, the kids end of the school year activities, Tayler graduating from Elementary School, and our Disney passes expiring (and us trying to squeeze EVERY LAST MINUTE out of the passes) has made for a VERY exciting and BUSY time in our lives! - (which helps explain why I haven't blogged in such a long time)!

5 comments:

Caroline Haring said...

Whew! Sit down and take a break! You're making my life look REAL boring! j/k Glad your Norm is back. I'd be a bit jealous too that he got to see some church history sights. What a neat trip that would be.

Sheryl said...

Amazing...you have been so very busy! It is that time of year isn't it? We have our plates full, but with the memories it makes, we wouldn't trade it. It is great to have a hubby and daddy that you miss, that means he is doing a great job too! YAY Biehns!

Michelle said...

Thanks again for letting us stay with you guys TWICE! We loved it! I totally agree, it is WONDERFUL to have the guys back. I just about kissed Scott's face off when he got back. We miss you guys, so it was great to have some good one on one time. By the way, I am happy to report that I got Sarah blogging. Yeah! You can link from my page to her's. Blogging is wonderful! Have fun on vacation! You guys deserve it. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun. Places we plan to go someday ourselves. What part of PA did they move to? I served outside of Pittsburgh in four different areas.

Lisa said...

Good times! I love that Tayler fixed the scooter all by himself! So cute and thoughtful. Doug's mission was in Spain and SOMEDAY we will finally get there. Sunday morning there is a "Made in Spain" cooking show on KVCR and he is so homesick now!