Okay Denise, here it is - in all its glory - just like I promised! Some people have the misguided misconception that my house never gets dirty. That is a far cry from the truth as seen in the pictures posted here! (Yes, those ARE Cheerieos laying on the floor and being ground into the carpet.) The secret is - I try to keep the mess localized all in one spot - the office. Which is convenient, because that door can be closed when people come over (and often is). This allows for the misconception and further perputates the myth that my house never gets dirty. Now, admittedly I like to organize stuff - if you know me, you already know that. You might find it surprising - but I get excited about organizational items - paper stackers, plastic bins, organizational doohickies, label makers, etc. I love that kind of stuff! Sometimes I think I hang onto stuff just so I can organize it! (bills, receipts, old magazines, kids clothes, kids toys) This coupled with the OCD tendencies that I have could definately give people the wrong perception. Because of the OCD tendencies, things have to be done a certain way, in a certain order. I know I sound like a freak, but that is just the way that it is! I function better in a clean, organized house. Now its out - you know my secret! Next time you come over, ask me to show you the office - Your delusions will forever be silenced! :)
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
My House Messy? No Way!! (Yah Right!)
Okay Denise, here it is - in all its glory - just like I promised! Some people have the misguided misconception that my house never gets dirty. That is a far cry from the truth as seen in the pictures posted here! (Yes, those ARE Cheerieos laying on the floor and being ground into the carpet.) The secret is - I try to keep the mess localized all in one spot - the office. Which is convenient, because that door can be closed when people come over (and often is). This allows for the misconception and further perputates the myth that my house never gets dirty. Now, admittedly I like to organize stuff - if you know me, you already know that. You might find it surprising - but I get excited about organizational items - paper stackers, plastic bins, organizational doohickies, label makers, etc. I love that kind of stuff! Sometimes I think I hang onto stuff just so I can organize it! (bills, receipts, old magazines, kids clothes, kids toys) This coupled with the OCD tendencies that I have could definately give people the wrong perception. Because of the OCD tendencies, things have to be done a certain way, in a certain order. I know I sound like a freak, but that is just the way that it is! I function better in a clean, organized house. Now its out - you know my secret! Next time you come over, ask me to show you the office - Your delusions will forever be silenced! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment