It has become a tradition in our house to set up Christmas early! Our schedules are so busy that we have to set-up and decorate a little at a time. It seems like we need to have Christmas up early so that we can actually enjoy it a little bit before we have to take it down. Ryan and Shelly strike a 'tree pose'!
Bradin throws a fit because he didn't get his way.
In the end, it was decorated - it looked good - and we had good helpers!
How the tradition started: I was expecting Tayler and he was due November 16. I was teaching 8th graders at that time. I took off from work a week before his due date. (I couldn't imagine going into labor while teaching 8th graders.) So while I was off, I did all the things I NEEDED to get done. No baby! I did things that I DIDN'T NEED to get done - no baby! I cleaned the house - NO BABY! I was sitting around waiting for the baby to be born, so I figured I should put up and decorate our tree and house, that way I wouldn't have to do it with a new baby. I got everything decorated - STILL NO BABY!!! Tayler was FINALLY born on THANKSGIVNG DAY! Two weeks after his due date! We realized that we enjoyed having the tree up for longer (fake trees are wonderful), so every year since then, the tree has been up before Thanksgiving! I know, it's crazy, but we like it!!





2 comments:
Yay for early decorations! Our bare tree is still in our living room because of that busy schedule thing. I am thinking, the earlier the better!
Hi kris,
I was reading your blog and had to share that we put up our Christmas stuff up earlier this year to.
We put our stuff up about the same time as you. It always seems like you do some much work and then it needs to come down so quickly, not much time to enjoy it. This year it was great!
Happy New Year,
tammy
Post a Comment