Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ryan's Turns 10!

My computer has had issues - but I have to mention some important things even though it happened a while back. One of them is that Ryan had a birthday! He is now in the double digits - a big 10 year old! For his birthday, he got the traditional breakfast in bed (although he had to lay in bed and pretend to be asleep until we got breakfast finished).


He also got the traditional day off with no chores - a big treat in our house!


We went to Disneyland to celebrate his special day.


He got to do some of his favorites - ride on his favorite rides, and eat a turkey leg.


We went to Disneyland early and Norm met up with us when he could get off of work. We took his Dallas Cowboys hat so that he could wear it. We took really good care of it (Ryan is wearing it here). I parked the stroller, we put the hat in the underneath section of the stroller and I got the older kids to the right spot on a ride that Ryan wanted to get on. The stroller was within 20 feet of me the whole time, but someone swiped the hat from out of the stroller. Norm met up with us while the kids were on the ride (I was waiting by the stroller with Bradin) and he said 'Where is my hat?". "It's right here.....where did it go?" GRRR - I HATE thieves! We spent the rest of the day scanning the crowd for a Dallas Cowboys ball cap.


Something that made this day really special was that the Biehn family attended Disneyland on this day. Jeff and Carolee and their kids, and Michelle and her girls were in town; so all of them along with our family, Jeremy and Jocelyn and their girls, and Grandma and Grandpa Biehn met up later in the day at Disneyland. It was a lot of fun for the cousins to hang out - more on this later!


Ryan was born at 3:29 pm, so we were watching my phone and doing the count-down. At exactly 3:29 pm Ryan and I were on the Haunted Mansion ride, and I started singing Happy Birthday at the top of my lungs! Here he is OFFICIALLY 10 years old!


Ryan got phone calls, messages and text messages from my side of the family throughout the day. It was great to know that lots of people were thinking about him, even though they are far away!

A couple of days later, we had cake and ice cream with the Biehn side of the family. Uncle Jeremy pulled out the cotton candy machine and spoiled us!


Aunt Jocelyn used her newly acquired skills and made balloon animals for all of us. Bradin had a sword.


Shelly wanted a butterfly.


Ryan got a giraffe and a monkey.


Tayler was interested in the balloon animals and made his own (with a little help). He got a fishing pole (that he's wearing on his head) attached to a fish!


Norm and I got in on the action too!


Jocelyn made all of these animals plus more for all of the other kids that were there. She's available to do parties - if anyone is interested - call me, I'll give you her number! She's awesome!

Ryan had a GREAT birthday - thanks to everyone for helping make it fabulous!

Ryan, we love you! You are the kindest, most compassionate kid that I know. You are always looking for ways that you can help others, and you are always trying to make the best of any situation! You are a great example to all of us!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ryan! We feel blessed that we were able to share a little bit of his special day with him.