Friday, September 25, 2009

The Last of the Summer Fun!

When we got home from our vacation, we tried to squeeze every bit of fun out of summer that we could! (Which was almost two months ago, which means that I'm behind -again [sigh]. Oh well - that seems to be my theme - a day (month) late, and a dollar short!)

When we got home from our Sierra trip. I found that all the leaves had been eaten off of my tomato plants.

By these blurry little creatures!

Dang Tomato worms!



The kids enjoyed some cousin fun!

Sometimes poor Bradin gets to be the dressed-up one. Shelly is sad to not have a sister, and sometimes Bradin has to deal with the brunt of that. I'm sure he'll LOVE these when he's a teenager!



We went to Disneyland and my FAVORITE sandals broke.

I had to spend my birthday gift card on shoes at Disneyland - aghhh! I walked all over the park (in broken sandals) to find something that I liked enough to spend a small fortune on. I settled on these:

Then I had to spend my birthday money on bandaids. By the end of the night I determined that although cute, the shoes didn't fit (their size 9 is probably an 8). Dang shoes!


The kids got creative and practiced magic. They put on a magic show for us.

I love this picture!



We had fun at the park!



"Thanks mom for taking us to the park!" - that's Ryan - what a sweetie!



Notice the theme - inexpensive fun!! We thought that it would be fun to sleep out on the trampoline. Norm had to go to work the next day so he opted to stay inside next to the alarm clock (at least that's the excuse he used) :).




Sometime in the middle of the night Norm came out and took our picture. This surprised me because I thought that I was awake for MOST of the night swooshing bugs away and missing my bed. I didn't realize that sometime during that stretch I actually fell asleep.

The next morning, we work up and were COVERED in bug bites! Mostly our faces and arms - anything that wasn't covered up.
Ryan had it the worst!!

Shelly showing her grouchy face that the bugs snacked on her during the night.




The next morning the kids said "Mom do we HAVE to do THAT again?" :)


We got the opportunity to go to Grandpa Larsen's shooting range (that belongs to the gun club he is a member of) for the first time. We had a LOT of fun!!
Grandpa reviews the rules with the kids before getting started.

Earplugs - a must!

Eye protection too!! (Notice the bug bites from the trampoline experience!)

Everyone gets in on the fun - Bradin too - with some help!

Grandpa shows Ryan how to reload the gun clip.




I'm a pretty good shot!!

It must be in the genes! :) Grandpa and Grandma Larsen took a turn too!





We enjoyed the time we had off track! Usually I'm ready to send the kids back to school so they will quit arguing - not so this time. We really had a good time and I was sorry to see our vacation come to an end. We found creative, inexpensive ways to have fun!

Woo-hoo - now I'm caught up to the end of August!

2 comments:

Caroline Haring said...

I'm so jealous! I've been begging Aaron to take me shooting! (Guess I'm a bit redneck too...) Looks like so much fun.

Michelle said...

Well, the Larson gene must be very dominant because your kids look so much like their cousins. It's crazy! Looks like you guys have had a busy and fun summer. That's awesome!!!