I have been tagged by Cassie to list 6 quirky things about myself. It has taken a while (sorry Cas), but here goes. I had to really think about this as I was considering what to share and I came up with way more than six! Some of them - I know - are VERY silly, but, that's the way it is.
#1. The food on my plate can't touch each other! I used to be worse about this when I was a kid, but I've come a long way. If a corn kernel migrates over into the potatoes and gets mixed in, I notice it! When I was younger, I wouldn't eat that corn kernel or the potatoes that surrounded it. At one point, I would even go so far as to rinse my fork before I would start eating a different item on my plate. Now I will eat them (without rinsing my fork!), but I still notice that they are mixed. On that same note, I still CANT use the same cup for different drinks (unless it is water) and even that doesn't happen very often.
#2 One thing that REALLY bothers me (and I know this is silly) is when weeds or plants are growing in the cracks in the concrete for sidewalks or driveways. I've taken a screwdriver and scraped the cracks IN MY NEIGHBORS YARD because I was tired of looking at their weeds in the cracks.
#3 I LOVE organizational doohickies....bins, holders, organizers, label makers, office supplies in general...I get excited when I have a new project or something to organize. Sometimes I think I hang on to stuff just to organize it...old bills, old magazines, files, etc. The kids have different bins where their toys go and each bin is labeled. The remote control for the television is labeled (silly - I know).
#4 I HATE having to find something that is lost! If I have to look for something I get VERY irritated VERY easily. This fact is another reason that I like to have things organized so that I DON'T have to look for them (they are right where they are supposed to be)!
Right now the words that are coming to my mind as I write this are obsessive compulsive and control freak!
#5 Another quirky thing about me is that I have HUGE calves....Like man calves. Nothing sexy or dainty there!
#6 Whenever I am grouchy my husband asks when the last time I ate was. (Usually it has been a while.) It seems that me being grumpy is directly tied to me being hungry.
Okay....I shared!! I tag EVERYONE who reads this! It took some self-examination and courage to share some of my quirkiness. I want to hear what your quirky attributes are. Specifically - Barbra, Sheryl, Kim, Lisa, Joy, Jocelyn, Michelle, Carolee, the rest of you...I am expecting posts from you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I HATE, HATE, HATE looking for lost things. It is such a pointless waste of time so on that one it must run in the family.
That was fun! I wish I was more quirky about organization and tidying up...my husband does too!
I love seeing peoples lists!! I can see I was tagged. I have been a blogging slacker so this may take me a while to get to:)
Post a Comment