We had a follow up appointment for Bradin's tongue today (he has a sore that has been there for at least three months, I think he fell and bit his tongue really hard). The sore is not going away and it is getting bigger, so Bradin's regular doctor referred him to Head and Neck Surgery and that appointment was today. The Head and Neck doctor said that it is a cyst probably caused from infection or injury. He wants to do outpatient surgery and remove it. Because of Bradin's age he would have to be put out. The doctor doesn't think there is anything wrong with the cyst, but they would send it to patheology to be sure. AHHHH KIDS! I know it is just outpatient surgery but I HATE handing my baby over and sitting there and waiting.
I think we should get a frequent user discount at the doctors. With the completion of this surgery EACH of my kids have had surgery: Tayler, age 3, hydroceale operation; Ryan, age 8 (not quite a year ago), turbinate reduction, removal of adenoids and tonsils; Shelly, age 9 months, repair of Cleft Palette in the soft tissue; and now Bradin. And don't even get me started with broken bones! That is a whole other post in itself! KIDS!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Oh the joys and the worries of being a mom! That never stops...even with mine 18 to 28...never stops. We worry, cry, laugh, and Pray, Pray, Pray!
Thanks for leaving your sweet words on our blog...we really do miss our Eastvale Family
A quote I like is...A two year old is kind of like a blender, but you don't have a top for it. Sounds like it is true for your two year old.
I know for a fact that chocolate milk was to blame for some weight gain when the older kids were little, my own weight! All those PB&J sandwiches didn't help either:P
LOVE your blog already!
Good to know that Bradin's tongue is probably nothing serious. At least they are going to remove it and they aren't going to make you hold your child down while they do it. How awful would that be. Let us know when his appointment is so that we can keep you guys in mind. I hate to see what his recovery will be like. Maybe a little chocolate milk would be okay to take away the pain.
Poor kid! We will keep him in our prayers. I love the picture of him climbing up the cabinets...where theres a will theres a way! LOL. Determined little guy. I'm so glad you started a blog. They are so much fun!!! Yours is cute!
Ouch! I hope everything goes OK. Hopefully this will fix the problem and you'll be well on your way to the next crisis!
Post a Comment