Tuesday, August 12, 2008

For My Birthday I Got......CHICKEN POX!





We were busy getting ready to go out of town on vacation. Shelly says "Mom, I have these bumps on me". I didn't think anything about it. The next morning - the last day of school, the day before we leave on vacation - she was getting in the shower and said "Mom, do you want to see these bumps now?". When I saw them - I knew EXACTLY what they were! CHICKEN POX! That prompted a search of all the kids, and we found that Ryan ALSO had chicken pox. YEAH! We kept them out of school, but decided to go ahead and go on our vacation anyway. (Camping in the Sierra's - We didn't think that the fish would mind chicken pox!) That night I told Norm that I was feeling itchy too. I didn't know if I was just freaking out or if I had chicken pox. Sure enough - CHICKEN POX! I didn't get them as bad as the kids did - but this is the fourth or fifth time I have had them. And even though the kids (and I) have been vaccinated for them, we still got them! We left on vacation on Wednesday, and on Thursday (my birthday) we spent the day in the mountains covered in Calamine lotion! What a birthday to remember!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Yikes! That sucks!!!

tammy inman said...

Chicken pox how cruddy!!!

It looks like your family has been having a lot from all those great photos.

tammy inman said...

A lot of fun !!!
( Sorry , I left that part out of my last message)!

Kim L. said...

Are you kidding me? I haven't heard of anyone actually contracting those things since I was a kid! I figured they were like non-existent now due to vaccines. I also thought you could only get them once. SOOOOOOOO SORRY. I will beat you up if I get them.\"/ Get well soon!

Carolee said...

That is the WORST!! Hope everyone is doing better now.