Saturday, August 9, 2008

Visalia Vacation

We have had a GREAT time this last month! I am not ready to get back to real life yet, but I need to catch up a little. The Larsen family vacation (my side) took place this year in Visalia, CA. We invaded my sister Cassie's turf so that we could participate with them when they were sealed in the Fresno temple. We also found time to play and hang out! Everyone was there except Keiri - who was studying abroad in Spain and Bart's family - we missed Bart & Heather and their kids - Megan, Dallin and Caitlyn. I am the oldest of 6 kids. My Mom and Dad have 12 grandkids - the oldest is my Tayler age 11, and the youngest is my Bradin age 2. We are difficult to miss!

These are the cousins (Bradin was asleep). When the cousins get together it is always a lot of fun! To quote a line from a song: "There is always something happening and it's usually quite loud!"

We took the kids to see 'Kung-Fu Panda'. They were all ready to be kung-fu masters after watching the show.


The next day we went to the 'Fun Zone'.

There were bumper boats...





Arcade Games....



Car Races...






Even Car Races for the Big Boys...



The only drama that we had was when Ryan crashed his car into the barrier. It broke the barrier and gave him a welt on his neck where the sealt belt was - a little scary! Thank goodness for seat belts!


The 'Fun Zone' was a lot of fun!

We tried to make sure that we made a big deal about Jer's birthday. We found that big boys turning 34 are not quite as bitter as little girls turning 11 when another family event occurs on their birthday. (Sorry Jer! He was baptized on my birthday - I was bitter - for many years - I'll never live it down!)



We hung out and enjoyed fireworks on the Fourth of July! In Visalia, lighting your own fireworks is still legal!








And finally, the big day! Cassie was sealed to her husband Robert, and boys - Trevor, Jake, and Luke. It was a beautiful day! Norm and I got to add another temple to the list of those we have attended (which is a Bucket List item).




What a fun way to start the summer! We loved seeing family! Thanks Mom and Dad! We were glad to share memories and be a part of their special days!! We miss you guys!

6 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

Vacation was fun, but it went so fast. Our boys had a lot of fun with their cousins.

Michelle said...

How fun! That's so cool that your family does vacations together. I'm jealous! :) That picture of Norm and Bradin tripped me out at first. I thought he was peeing! LOL Congrats to Cassie and family. That is AWESOME!!!

The Edwards Family said...

Thank you Michelle. It was an amazing experience.

Caroline Haring said...

I can't wait to have family vacations and show my future kids all the fun and beatiful things that are out there. Looks like you had a blast!

Sheryl said...

What an amazing experience. Nothing like sharing fun and sacred times with family. So happy for Cassie and her MEN! You can tell how really happy they all are.!

Barbra said...

It looks like you had lots of fun!!! Have a great day!!!