Thursday, August 28, 2008

It stinks getting old!

Norm injured his wrist last Saturday. He could have injured it riding his new scooter.....but he didn't.

Norm could have injured his wrist playing guitar hero.....but he didn't. (Bart and Heather and thier family visited from Idaho and we all hung out and played guitar hero - as witnessed by the major guitar hero jam seen here :) - Pretty Intense!)


Norm could have injured his wrist wrestling with Bradin.....but he didn't. Last week Bradin bit Ryan so hard on the his back that it left a welt (we have been WAY OVER the biting stage for quite a while - I don't know what was up with him). Bradin also hit Ryan so hard that it left him with a black eye (Poor Ryan - getting beat up by his baby brother). Bradin dropped and broke a glass bowl of my parent's at their office. He stood in the middle of our family room and intentionally poured a whole water bottle out onto the floor. That may not sound bad for a week - Right? But it's Bradin - ALL of that carnage occurred in ONE DAY! (Yes, I cried!)

Norm could have injured his wrist playing with the kids - spinning Bradin in the chair until he couldn't walk straight...but he didn't.



The injury happened at a ward softball game on Saturday. He was up to bat and swung so hard that the plastic on the strap of his batter's glove broke, and he injured his wrist in the process (and he struck out). We spent a couple of hours in Urgent Care and discovered that he sprained it. It is pretty messed up! Everytime he tries to rotate it, you can hear it pop, and it is really swollen! Thank goodness it is his right hand and not his left (he's left-handed)!

Wow, what a week! For some reaon, I am VERY tired! - I have a hard time keeping up with all that is going on (especially the part where Bradin is involved). I've come to the conclusion that Norm and I are getting old - that stinks!!

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh my....I was just commiserating at how quiet my house is now. I am so glad you are writing, photographing, videoing...cuz believe it or not "you're gonna missis this"..

Michelle said...

Yikes! Tell him we hope he feels better soon. Especially for his bday tomorrow! He won a scooter? Freakin' Norm! That guy has THE best luck I've ever seen. Congrats, it looks like fun!

Caroline Haring said...

I would cry too. Sorry you had such a rough day, but I suppose it makes us appreciate the quieter days. Guess we better keep the dog cage for when Everett gets older