It was a great way to start off vacation!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Utah Vacation - Off to a GREAT Start!
Ok, I am so far behind, but I have to share our trip to Utah. This happened at the beginning of December. We decided to go to Utah and visit Norm's brother Scott, his wife Michelle and their three girls - Kaleigh, Shayla and Peyton. We wanted to take our time and enjoy the trip, have fun, and make stops along the way. We left late one night after my class ended. We knew we would be getting in late, so we made reservations at Buffalo Bills at Stateline. We reserved a mini-suite (being mid-week the rate was $44), that would give us some room to spread out and have a couple of televisions, and lounge around the next morning. When we arrived at Buffalo Bills at 1 AM, we checked in, only to discover that they had given away our mini-suite. They put us in one room that had two queen size beds, they gave us a roll-away bed that sat in front of the bathroom door (they didn't charge us for the rollaway - that was their solution to the problem). By the time we got to the room, the kids were tired and grouchy. Bradin was screaming because he had to wake up to go into the hotel. We got up to the room and I almost lost it! I went back downstairs (kind-of irate) and had to stand in line for 30 minutes to talk to someone (which made me more irate). (They had two people working and a HUGE group arrived to check in for a slot tournament just before I got in line). Finally it was my turn! I explained in the nicest voice that I could muster - that the accommodations would not work, and that their solution of the rollaway bed was not acceptable. The girl (who was the same one that had checked Norm in) wanted to know why it wasn't acceptable. I explained to her that I had four kids (and two parents) that were tired and we wanted to have room to spread out and relax. We wanted the kids to be able to have a television and us to have a television. If we would have wanted to be right on top of each other we could have slept in the car! She talked to her supervisor and made an upgrade. The room we had already been assigned had an adjoining door to a living room suite and on the other side of the living room was an adjoining room with a king bed. They gave us all three rooms! (for $44 total)!! We ended up with three bathrooms, three televisions (one of them a big screen), a kitchenette (with a gold sink) and enough space that Norm and I had our own room! On a funny note, it took me FOREVER to get through the line and back upstairs (where Norm and the kids were waiting in the room they gave us). When I was walking back toward the room, Norm was on his was downstairs to come and find me. He said he was coming to see if I had been thrown in jail (he knew how mad I was). I think even he was surprised at the outcome!
It was a great way to start off vacation!





It was a great way to start off vacation!
Labels:
Buffalo Bills,
Utah Vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I hate this place. I feel like I get lung cancer just by walking in it. We tried to stay there one night. We entered our room and someone was in it. Nice. We kept driving I did not care how late it was.
Post a Comment