Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Food Storage

My sister-in-law shared a website that is great (Thanks, Heather)! I wanted to share it with everybody.

http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/getting-started/



I am getting going on Food Storage/Emergency Preparedness with the help of this website. They help make it so it is not so overwhelming!

On this site you can sign up for email reminders. They send you a reminder with a list of things to accomplish every two weeks. The methods they use (binder, lists) are exactly the way I already have some things done (yah lists!!). They have also set things up in excel (yah excel!!) so that you can customize it for your family. (If you don't like excel they have pdf versions too).

This site was made by two sisters-in-law. They, along with several friends and sisters wanted to get going on food storage. The task seemed overwhelming. The friends and sisters turned it over to these two to organize. The idea was that they research and figure it out and tell the rest what to do in an easy, non-overwhelming manner. They set up the blog/website to keep in touch with everyone. It worked so well that many others are using it too.

Check it out! Tell me if you are participating so that we can collaborate and compare notes!

Also, I am looking for a coupon whiz/website/more information in my area (dang Cassie I miss your coupon skills) so that I can coupon shop the food storage items I get. Anyone know of someone who is a coupon queen?

2 comments:

Caroline Haring said...

Thanks for the website, I am always looking for ideas and help. No coupon queen here. I don't think I've ever used one for groceries. When you find her highness, could I meet her too? I could use some lessons also.

Sheryl said...

How fun this is. I have passed it along as well!