Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sierra Vacation - Some Excitement!

There had been a fire a couple of weeks earlier near where we were camping, and with all the food around our campground - our campsite was a magnet for mice. We had mice scurrying around as soon as it started getting dark. They were all over the place! We've never seen mice as bad as this.


We saw one by the trailer and a couple of minutes later Tayler came out of the trailer to say that he saw one inside. That night we went to bed, I stayed up reading and I kept hearing noises. Each noise I heard, I rationalized that it could be a kid noise - someone shifting in the dark. Then I heard a plastic cup fall in the kitchen! aghhh!! I knew that wasn't a kid noise. I got up to investigate and sure enough, I saw a mouse running around the kitchen area in the trailer. I yelled for Norm and he jumped out of bed and came running. We didn't catch that one and I couldn't sleep the rest of the night - every noise I heard, the light went on and I was looking for mice. The next day we went down into Bishop and bought some mouse traps.

Here Norm is putting peanut butter in the trap -


That night we caught 3 mice in the trailer, and the next night we caught 2. But, I slept much better knowing the traps were there.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Looks like a great time. I would have gone crazy with the mice. =)

JOCELYN AND JEREMY said...

That story is going to make me laugh every time I hear it. Hee hee.

Michelle said...

Well that blows! I wouldn't be able to sleep either!